POSITION DESCRIPTION: EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
The Executive Director is a part-time nonexempt position fulfilled by an energetic and relational leader responsible for promoting Kidzz Helping Kidzz throughout Kitsap County. The primary goal for this position is to build deep, trust-filled relationships with diverse community members to enhance the activities of the organization. The Executive Director brings leadership experience, strong professional communication, and collaboration skills; systems thinking and attention to details.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Manage the day-to-day operations of Kidzz Helping Kidzz, to include, but not limited to:
Foster new and sustain current community partnership to enhance the activities of the organization.
Recruit new volunteers and manage existing volunteers to help with program activities.
Facilitate KHK Advisory Board meetings.
Lead KHK events, assist with grant writing efforts, and make recommendations for new funding opportunities.
Vet and recommend new key partners to the Board.
Develop marketing and public relations strategies to grow the organization.
Develop and implement operational procedures to streamline KHK activities.
Coordinate all KHK program outings.
Continuously update KHK Website and coordinate with webmaster.
Maintain central KHK records and organizational historic material.
Make KHK presentations to community and service organizations with members of the Advisory Board.
2. Work with Board President to convene Board meetings in accordance with the provisions of the Bylaws.
3. Partner with Board members and volunteers to fulfill annual goals and objectives.
4. Develop and recommend KHK governing policy to the Board.
5. Sign checks and to enter into any contract in the name of and on behalf of Kidzz Helping Kidzz.
6. With Board Treasurer, coordinate and manage state and federal nonprofit organization filing requirements (e.g., state annual charitable organization renewal, finalization of IRS form 990)
7. Develop and recommend new programs for Board consideration.
8. Provide periodic reports of KHK operations to the Board.
9. Seek volunteer assistance, including Board members, to perform day-to-day operations of the organization.
10. Be responsive to the Board regarding their recommendations and directions in managing KHK operations.
11. Additional responsibilities as determined by the Board.
Education: Master’s in Public Administration, Psychology or Social Work preferred
Experience: The Executive Director must have demonstrated leadership experience, strong professional communication skills; capacity to see the big picture (“systems thinking”) and attention to details; and excellent organizational ability. Knowledge of Kitsap community and existing connections and relationships are highly desirable. Additionally, the successful candidate will have:
• Strong community organizing and collaboration skills; demonstrated capacity to coordinate and facilitate processes, people, and partnerships; and develop strong trusting relationships.
• Experience with facilitation and coordination of meetings, events, trainings.
• Commitment to Relationships - listens vs. talks; inquires vs. asserts; believes relationships have inherent value beyond the immediate endgame.
• Ability to speak and write in a clear, concise, respectful, and thoughtful manner
• Integrative thinker, listener, and communicator.
• High level of credibility and integrity.
• Strong command of Microsoft Office computer software programs
• Ability to drive and provide own vehicle for KHK activities throughout Kitsap County.
This is a part-time nonexempt position. Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience within a range of $35-50/hour. Currently, this position does not include benefits.
To apply, please send a current resume and a letter of interest to: email@example.com
Every website has a story, and your visitors want to hear yours. This space is a great opportunity to give a full background on who you are, what your team does and what your site has to offer. Double click on the text box to start editing your content and make sure to add all the relevant details you want site visitors to know.
If you’re a business, talk about how you started and share your professional journey. Explain your core values, your commitment to customers and how you stand out from the crowd. Add a photo, gallery or video for even more engagement.